CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 29

Lets Talk Food

As you all probably are unaware of... i have decided to become a vegetarian. I can definitely say its been easy so far.. Yesterday i realized the my food choices are limited and i now have to find substitutes for meet in my lasagna. I have also noticed that many restaurants have limited menus for vegetarians and today it was very hard for me to find something i would enjoy from a menu, at my favorite restaurant, Kelsey's.

So i thought id write up a little about my experiences the past few days about my new "meat free" life. Alright so where to start... Let me see..

A long time ago i decided i wanted to change for environmental and animal rights reasons. I joined PETA and donated money for a while until i finally decided it wasn't really enough and i wanted to do more. Becoming a vegetarian popped into my mind a few times but i didn't really fully think about it until recently. Becoming a vegetarian has now turned into a lifestyle habit for, not only animal rights, but also health purposes. I went from having to have a Baconator at Wendy's at least 3 times a week to none at all. I don't mind if people eat meat in front of me (that would be silly); I only mind when they tease or challenge me about being vegetarian which brings me to my next topic.

My parents. "I made hot dogs" "Look a chicken salad" or the famous "Want to go to Wendy's for a Baconator?" have seemed to have become regular saying in my household the past few days. My mother has stopped me from cooking meals for everyone and now i only make meals for myself. Iv had to buy my own groceries and hide things so they don't throw them away but other than that i have so far accomplished overcoming the temptations. I respect everyone's right to eat whatever makes them happy, and hope they will do the same for me, but so far i have gotten absolutely no support for my parents.

I certainly think becoming a vegetarian is a wonderful and healthy decision for me. I did ONCE hear of a woman who began losing her hair after being vegetarian for a decade, and I sometimes worry that will happen to me... eek!

I hope everyone supports my decision to become 100% vegetarian and its definitely going to be a challenge. The first few months i figure will be hard but in the end i believe this is a good healthy decision! If anyone has some good websites for recopies or knows about any restaurants who have a good menu for vegetarians comment and help out a bit! Ill keep you posted thanks for the support!


Looks like this is all thats going to be on my mind when it comes to food... sigh.